The NCWorks Certified Work Ready Communities initiative, built on the foundation of the NCEast Alliance’s program, is a collaborative effort between workforce development partners including the Office of the Governor, the North Carolina Chamber Foundation, the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, the North Carolina Community College System Office and the North Carolina Department of Commerce aimed at leveraging data and analysis tools to continue economic growth in North Carolina.
The North Carolina Chamber Foundation serves as the final certifying body to designate a NC Works Certified Work Ready Community.
By participating in the NCWorks Certified Work Ready Communities initiative, counties, regions and states are helping:
- Business and industry know exactly which foundational skills they need for a productive workforce – and to easily communicate their needs
- Individuals understand which skills are required by employers – and how to prepare themselves for success
- Policy makers consistently measure the skills gap in a timely manner at the national, state and local levels
- Educators close the skills gap, via tools integrated into career pathways with stackable industry-recognized credentials
- Economic developers use an on-demand reporting tool to market the quality of their workforce
How to Get Involved
Interested in launching an application for your county? Go to: https://ncchamber.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/CWRC_App_Package_NC-11-1-16.pdf
Applications may be submitted at any time, certification will be reviewed based on the schedule below.
|Application Due Date||Certification Date|